Poppy Pods

Full intake poppy pods are used for floral arrangements that are greatly sought after. Unfortunately, US vendors do not have the most desirable examples. This is why we go to the EU. I'm interested in why you would have received a letter about receiving a perfectly legitimate decorative piece? Would was the language they used?
I threw out the letter but it was a generic 'seizure' letter and an empty box. The letter threatened fines and legal action etc. looked like a photocopy of a photocopy from the 1970s...

It is legal to grow pods for ornamental purposes in the UK. It is illegal to grow or posses for any purpose in the US. 

On another note TDF continues to get worse quality- wise. I still use them for the convenience but I'll be looking for another source soon.

It is legal to grow pods for ornamental purposes in the UK. It is illegal to grow or posses for any purpose in the US. 

On another note TDF continues to get worse quality- wise. I still use them for the convenience but I'll be looking for another source soon.
If are you getting that from wiki, you are mistaken. It is legal to possess pods for ornamental purposes. 

There is some confusion in the law, however, because opium-producing poppies are widely grown around the US and Canada and the opium poppy seeds are omnipresent in cooking, breads, and deserts. The grey-blue poppy seeds sold in virtually every grocery store in the US contain low levels of opiates (not psychoactive at amounts used in cooking). Poppy pods are widely used in dry flower arrangements.Law enforcement in the US is somewhat inconsistent about these plants, although there are continual attempts to try to stop them from being sold or grown. If poppies are grown as sources for opiates, there is no question that it violates the CSA. If poppies are purely grown for ornamental purposes, their legal position is somewhat less clear cut, since they are so widely grown and available.

From Erowid.

Growing any Papaver sominiferum poppy varieties or the closely related Papaver paeoniflorum varieties (which are just double flowered P.sominiferum) is illegal. The Poppy Control Act of 1942 was repealed in the 70’s but controlling the growing of opium poppy plants was transferred to current laws and regulations on producing or possessing illegal narcotics. You can have the seeds of any of these poppies because the use of poppy seeds in cooking is fine. But cultivation of these species, growing the plants, is illegal and a federal crime. It is also illegal to have dried opium poppy seed pods or stalks on your property.

http://www.examiner.com/article/are-poppies-legal-to-grow-the-garden

That is why you only find them being grown in the UK. There were huge crackdowns on Arizona farms in the past decade. 

Poppy straw is different from pods used for decoration, your DEA source is talking about 0pium. The source you used from "examiner" had no sources listed. It is a legal grey area, but pods for decoration are not illegal. Why do you think there are floral shops that can sell them? Poppy pods are everywhere.

The Arizona farms had a crack down because the grower was telling people how to make tea from them: http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/20/if-you-know-too-much-about-poppies-you-c

Poppy straw is different from pods used for decoration, your DEA source is talking about 0pium. The source you used from "examiner" had no sources listed. It is a legal grey area, but pods for decoration are not illegal. Why do you think there are floral shops that can sell them? Poppy pods are everywhere.

The Arizona farms had a crack down because the grower was telling people how to make tea from them: http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/20/if-you-know-too-much-about-poppies-you-c
Just where is " everywhere "? Why did the price triple since 2005? There's a crackdown. If you get pods in your floral arrangement it's not sominiferum. 

Price tripled for online because people know what they are getting. I am not trying to argue with you because I know what I am saying is correct. Legality may be questionable, but it certainly isn't straight up illegal to possess dried pods with the intent to use them for arrangements or other artistic endeavors. By "everywhere" I meant, you don't have to look very hard to find the plant. There are many different types of the sominiferum strain, and the vary in size, color, shape.

It is always advisable to use discretion when working with anything that can be interpreted incorrectly, and with pods it seems it comes down to an authorities' discretion. I appreciate you putting all the info into the thread, but maybe explicit, public education on a grey area issue is not for the best?

If you still think there is no way you may have a couple facts wrong, then let's just leave it there. You can PM me if you want to discuss further, but I don't think going on is going to help anyone else.

As a side note, p0ppy str@w is the definition the DEA uses to refer to the precursor product used to make opium. If its in a wreath, then it is not classified as p0ppy str@w. However, if you have a vat of ground up dried pods or scored pods, then it is p0ppy str@w.

Let's do an experiment: take a vase of decorative pods to your local DEA agent and see what happens. The danger here is the gray area you refer to does not exist. To tell others that they're not illegal is doing a disservice to Americans here. Read the DEA report. It's very clear. I appreciate your offer to concede that you're right and pm you instead but I'd prefer to reply here. This will be my last post on the subject. I encourage others to do their own research and take caution.

On a happier note I received from TDF today, much better this time... Hopefully they're out of that last batch finally

i have herd of people drinking poppyy tea 

poppy pomniverum seeds iare the ones i  believe but wouldnt put money on the spelling 

jjoe

Let's do an experiment: take a vase of decorative pods to your local DEA agent and see what happens. The danger here is the gray area you refer to does not exist. To tell others that they're not illegal is doing a disservice to Americans here. Read the DEA report. It's very clear. I appreciate your offer to concede that you're right and pm you instead but I'd prefer to reply here. This will be my last post on the subject. I encourage others to do their own research and take caution.

On a happier note I received from TDF today, much better this time... Hopefully they're out of that last batch finally
This has been interesting to watch... Was tdfs just crap lately?

I had two bad orders in a row. The most recent was very good though. Not as big as usual but much fresher.

Hey i had a question for my pod peeps. I have a good amt of pods that I haven't used and I have them jarred and in the fridge. Is this a good method for long term storage?

@newdaze    I've never refrigerated my pods, but I'm guessing a lot would depend on whether they got dampish; otherwise, I think it'd be akin to storing flower bulbs in the fridge... I just leave the pods not yet ground up in their original packaging: a torn-up plastic grocery bag (loosely secured, not airtight by any means) inside the USPS mailing box, lol. I generally use the pods only in times of famine, to stave off WD, so they can remain tucked away in the box, which is in the back of my closet, for months on end. Haven't really paid attention, but I bet I've kept some for at least a year. I'm sure they loose some potency over time (don't we all?!!) But if so, it isn't that noticeable to me. When I've gotten around to grinding them up, the tea has always still been effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're in airtight jars no moisture getting to them. And the reduced temp to slow degrading

@Mark Antony im pretty sure your ok to grow p0ppies in the uk as a friend of mine used to grow them a few years back and his father is a copper!.

There has been a blanket ban on rc's in the uk recently but I'm quite sure it never included p0ppies but not so sure on Kr@tom,I may just have a check now...

Bliss.....

Does anyone know if anyone ships to the canada land? If so, how... reliable is it?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back