Where Are The Sports Fans?

I've traveled to London, it's a cool city but I noticed many people to be more reserved then in the states. My cousin is amazed at how open people are here, she's stunned how people greet each other,  and act openly. I think theirs a few reasons Americans don't travel, America is so big from the Atlantic to Pacific with various climates and so many places to travel here. A popular thing to do in the states is take a road trip from NYC to California visiting all the states. Another reason I believe is Americans hear so much about how other countries dislike them, think they're loud & obnoxious ect. That and how Americans are a target for terrorists discourages travel I think but I guess people rather travel the many cities in they're home country before venturing  out. ( In the UK it's so easy to take the tube to France and travel freely among the EU which is cool but where I live I see tourists regularly whether from Europe, Asia, Africa or the Middle East. Not to mention the many people here from South America so my area is very diverse. Seems like more people speak Spanish sometimes then English lol) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you're right, many people consider you loud, abrasive etc, it's just pure stereotyping, I have yet to meet a US tourist I didn't find interesting and polite. A lot of us in the UK don't see ourselves as "European" we are an island race, and indeed, have more in common with the US than with mainland Europe. Even discounting our founding of the original 13 colonies in the first place. We are also hated around the world, mostly historically, we ran it for nearly 400 years. A lot of people decry the British Empire, but my reply is "if we hadn't done it, then the French would have". And even now, looking at all our ex colonies, there are only 2 who can be considered rogue states, or in total disarray. Zimbabwe(Southern Rhodesia) and Burma. Of course it wasn't all good, but we left a legacy of education, law and trade throughout the world. In contrast, the ex French /German/ Spanish colonies have fared worse since decolonisation. 

Anyway, getting off topic with sport here a little. Do you care for football? (soccer ⚽

I'm kinda new here, but what the heck. I am a huge football (American) fan. I live in Detroit metro, but family is from The Burgh, so...yep, it Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates for me.

To be honest, the Steelers are the only ones I HAVE to see every game, barring SERIOUS emergency;)

I'm also a huge Spurs fan. Been that way since a young me found out about this guy named David Robinson.  Been hooked since. 

I've also become quite a MSU Spartan fan since moving here, never cared about "amateur" athletics before

So, yeah. I'm here!  

Also, a big F U to Vontaze Burfict.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy with the outcome of the last playoff games. Routed Denver and Carolina and now I'm going to back Carolina. Maybe make a

little bet?

Superbowl Sunday is my husband's birthday, so I'm afraid he will be overshadowed. I better give him his celebration the day before. Anyone have any special plans for the Super Bowl? It's so close to us, wish I had the million dollars for tickets.

I kind of lost interest in football when the great 49'ers dynasty ended. Joe Montana was awesome, he was like the Wayne Gretzky of hockey, or the Michael Jordan of Basketball (I've kind of lost interest in that game too since Jordan retired, at least after his first two retirements, I wasn't really a fan of his on the Wizards) Actually, no I lost interest in Football when the Bills lost the superbowl twice. I don't know I always liked the underdog. The bills were the best underdog team. I think I went to college in Buffalo partially because of being a Bills fan). I think I'm developing an interest in cricket and golf. For some reason those seem more of a game for old timers. Not that I'm that old yet but I used to not have patience for slow paced games. I think I still like baseball a lot though. I was really bummed out that the Mets lost the last World Series. They had such a great season. I used to not like watching baseball, and even now I find it a bit slow paced, but lately I've been able to sit through a few innings. I was much more of a NFL/NBA person in my teens and early teens. I was always a baseball fan too but it was a sport that was much more fun to play than to watch on tv. 

Baseball is good to listen to on the radio, if it's too slow paced for you on TV. I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan, which is abnormal since I grew up in San Francisco.

I'm kind of bummed that I have to tape the Superbowl. It's my husband's birthday this weekend and he wants to go out of town, so we'll be driving home during the game.

My superbowl prediction, Peyton Manning and the Broncos will crush the Carolina Panthers in an overwhelming victory in excess of 20 points.

My superbowl prediction, Peyton Manning and the Broncos will crush the Carolina Panthers in an overwhelming victory in excess of 20 points.
I think you were right on both points there @Kurt Codean from what I heard in a halftime break watching real Football & not throwball!! lol. You should have bet on it if your a betting man.

Rivali

i guess my prediction was a little overboard though. they only won by 14 points I believe, I thought it would be a bigger blow out since Denver scored 10 points in the first few minutes. I'm not quite sure what the point spread was, so I don't know if they beat the spread or not. I'm not really a betting man but depending on the spread I would of picked Denver from the beginning. 

Boo, I'm glad I didn't bet on the Panthers, even with the spread. Sunday was a bad luck day all around for me. Oh well, life goes on and it's only a football game. I was very happy for Peyton Manning and I hope he retires now and goes out on top.

@2earls I thoroughly enjoy listening to baseball on the radio....its way to slow to watch on tv and the season is way too long but I dig listening on the radio.  

I am a pretty big college football fan and unfortunately I am also a Dallas Cowboys fan.  I think I watched less football this year than in years past due to a lot of sloppy play and boring games. I grew up in Germany playing European football and I watch as much as I can but its televised at odd hours and on weird channels.   I was in absolute heaven watching the Germans win the World Cup and demolishing Brazil......

I particularly love watching live sports action of any kind. I'm sad to not be in Cali any more where I could go to major league anything. Now I'm reduced to B League everything. We still go on occasion, but the excitement level is not the same.

It's always great fun to catch a game when traveling too. I would love to take one of those "stadium tour" vacations. Ahhh I must be in a dreaming mood tonight. Sigh...

I live in a small town.  All we have is Minor league Baseball and it is not all that exciting.  I think its more for people to go get drunk on Thirsty Thursdays!!!  I have been lucky enough to go to three great baseball stadiums.....Old Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Dodger Stadium.  I  liked LA the best....Great weather and awesome eye candy!

I go to Jacksonville Jags games on occasion, but they just aren't very good.   I took my little one to a UGA game last year and we had a blast.....I never knew a 7 yo. could eat so much.   We had a blast...two dads and two daughters, so much fun.   I think if I lived in a place that had a Major sports team I would try to go as much as possible....but it is so damn expensive and I don't know how people afford it!

@2earls I thoroughly enjoy listening to baseball on the radio....its way to slow to watch on tv and the season is way too long but I dig listening on the radio.  

I am a pretty big college football fan and unfortunately I am also a Dallas Cowboys fan.  I think I watched less football this year than in years past due to a lot of sloppy play and boring games. I grew up in Germany playing European football and I watch as much as I can but its televised at odd hours and on weird channels.   I was in absolute heaven watching the Germans win the World Cup and demolishing Brazil......
I'm not generally a fan of American Soccer, but when the World cup comes around, I always watch it. It's really a great event. The last world cup game when Germany beat Brazil 7-1, I was really amazed. I thought Brazil was going to make the match much more even, but it was an astonishing blow out. You don't see too many big blow outs like that especially against teams like Brazil. I actually thought Germany was going to win the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, but was surprised when they lost to Spain. I watched that tournament, and I was very impressed by the way the German team played throughout it. They handle the ball so well, especially when they are in striking distance from the goal line. They seem to pass with precision and handle the ball really well in high pressure situations. 

I loved the last two world cups. I watched over fifty games in 2014. But I had to watch a bunch on the internet because I couldn't get them all over the air. I only started to watch soccer (football) around 1999 and didn't become a fan until I was in Mexico City and went to a couple of games and really enjoyed it. I was down there again last week and tried to go to a game but security is much tighter and they wouldn't let me in while wearing a belt and I didn't want my pants to fall down in public and got mad and left. I really don't understand that.

Am I the only one here who watches the Mexican league?

@Toboso I only watch soccer during the Olympics but I still enjoyed reading your story about them trying to take your belt. That's a new one to me. I'm guessing that belts have been used as weapons. Shoes could be too so everyone will be wearing slippers soon :)

@Toboso I only watch soccer during the Olympics but I still enjoyed reading your story about them trying to take your belt. That's a new one to me. I'm guessing that belts have been used as weapons. Shoes could be too so everyone will be wearing slippers soon :)
You should web search a "Millwall Brick" ???

I am into many sports: English football, tennis, rugby union, athletics, The Ashes, The Ryder Cup, occasionally snooker, used to like Formula 1, but it's a lot less exciting.

I did get Greg Rusedski's autograph in the 90's and see Peter Beardsley score for Newcastle United. Not attended as much as I'd like to have.

@2earls... They have a problem with people throwing things on the field. Although I don't know why anyone would throw their belt on the field. They also took away my girlfriend's scarf. Unless they are worried about people hanging themselves I don't understand why belts and scarfs aren't allowed. I wasn't thinking and I should have worked something out with the cop or security guard there who inspected me. I forgot that everything is negotiable in Mexico. I went to games in the past and the belt wasn't an issue but they wouldn't allow me to bring a camera. They still don't allow cameras even though everybody that enters has a cell phone with a camera anyway. I guess I could have walked around holding my pants up but I would have had to leave the belt at one of the entrances and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find the right entrance after the game so I just left. My girlfriend was mad at me though. Next time the belt stays at the hotel and I'll walk around with one hand holding the pants up. At my weight it's hard for the pants to stay up even when the belt is in place.

So I guess suspenders would fall into the same category as something you could strangle/hang someone with? Maybe overalls is the answer ? 

I just remember having a pair of yoga pants that constantly fell  down and it's hard to enjoy yourself with one hand on your pants all the time. I'm sure you will find a solution.

On another sports note, is anyone routing for an NFL team that is doing well ? Since our two regular teams are pathetic this year, I have jumped on the Raiders band wagon. I hope that doesn't illicit any hate mail

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back